Campaign Has Built Strong Voter Outreach and Fundraising Program
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, MD (JANUARY 20, 2022) – Brandy Brooks, candidate for Montgomery County Council At-Large, releases the following statement on the January 19th Annual Report filings:
“It is clear that we’ve built a strong, grassroots movement funded by individual small dollar donations and matching funds through the county’s public financing system for fair elections,” said Brooks. “Our year-long campaign has provided us the opportunity to engage voters across the county and hire a highly skilled team of local organizers.”
Brandy Brooks’ people-powered campaign dominated the field for County Council At-Large fundraising on several metrics (based on report filings):
- 1st in total amount raised overall: $227,472;
- 1st among publicly financed candidates for total dollars raised from individual contributions: $81,610;
- 1st in total amount received in matching funds: $145,862;
- 825 individual donors (as of January 20th); and
- 80% of donors are below the contribution limit ($250) and are able to contribute again.
Brandy Brooks is an Afro-Latina educator, facilitator, designer, and community organizer with 15 years of experience working on social, housing, environmental, and economic justice. She is endorsed by 100+ local, state, and national leaders of color and the Metro DC Democratic Socialists of America.
The Democratic Primary is June 28, 2022. To learn more about Brandy Brooks, go to www.brandy4montgomery.com.