September 28, 2021 is Voter Registration Day!
- To register to vote online click here.
- If you do not have a state ID, you can use a paper form to register. The form is available for download in English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean.
- If you don’t have access to a printer, contact your local election board and request an application be sent to you by mail.
- To check on the status of your registration (confirm your information is up to date), click here.
- If you have a felony conviction, but are not currently incarcerated – you have the right to vote in this election. Still unsure? Click here to learn if you’re eligible.
- People who are currently incarcerated (in pre-trial detention or convicted of a misdemeanor) are eligible to vote in elections. Check out Out For Justice’s valuemyvote.today to learn more.
If you are an eligible voter who missed the registration deadline, same-day registration is available at all in-person voting centers during the early voting period and on Election Day.
Montgomery County Board of Elections
If you need further assistance, reach out to the Montgomery County Board of Elections.
18753-210 N. Frederick Avenue
Gaithersburg MD 20879-3121
Directions To This Location
P.O. Box 4333 – Rockville MD 20849-4333
For Mail-in Ballot Applications Only:
P.O. Box 10159 – Rockville MD 20849-0159
For Mail-in Ballots Only:
P.O. Box 10369 – Rockville MD 20849-0369
Margaret A. Jurgensen, Election Director
Vote by Mail
Deadlines to Request a Mail-in Ballot
For Mailed or Faxed Ballot
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
For Electronic Mail-in Ballot
Friday, June 24, 2022
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
For more details, visit the county board of elections website.
How-to request a mail-in ballot:
You must register to vote or be a registered Maryland voter.
- To register to vote or update your voter registration please visit Voter Registration and Mail-in Ballot Request
- To check your voter registration status please visit Voter Lookup or text CHECK to 77788.
- To learn more about voter registration please visit Voter Registration Frequently Asked Questions
- To request a mail-in ballot online please follow the link Voter Registration and Mail-In Ballot Request
- To print a request for a mail-in ballot, please follow the link Maryland Application for Mail-in Ballot or Solicitud de papeleta por correo de Maryland and return the completed and signed form to Montgomery County Board of Elections.
- To request a mail-in ballot in person, please visit Montgomery County Board of Elections, 18753 N. Frederick Avenue, Suite 210, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879
A registered voter may request a mail-in ballot by submitting a written request and returning it to the Board of Elections, if it includes:
- the voter’s name and residence address;
- the address to which the ballot is to be mailed, if different from the residence address;
- voter’s signature